These sanctuaries have trails, parking lots, sheds and a sanctuary house at which overnight stays may be made with advance reservations and the payment of an overnight fee. (See below.) Each sanctuary house has a limited number of beds, a kitchen with stove, refrigerator and sink, and bathroom(s). Running water is available only in the warm months. |
Overnight Stay Fees (Revised Mar 2013)Individuals: Fees are $7.50 per night for MOS members, $10.00 per night for nonmembers, and $4.00 per night for children to age 18.
Family of related individuals: Fees are $20.00 per night for MOS members and $25.00 per night for nonmembers.
Groups such as schools, clubs, scout troops, etc: Fees are $25.00 for groups up to ten individuals and $3.00 for each additional individual. At least one individual in the group must be a MOS member.
Overnight Stay Regulations* Reservations must be made in advance.
* Follow the procedures on the Check-in/Check-out Form sent to the person in charge.
* You must bring your own bedding and linens.
* If you plan to use the wood stove or fireplaces, gather or bring as much wood as you plan to use.
* DO NOT LEAVE ANY FOOD BEHIND.
* Take all your garbage and trash with you. Do not leave it in the wood stove or fireplaces.
* Please leave a note in the log book describing your stay.
* Each party is responsible for leaving the sanctuary houses clean and orderly, and closing up according to the respective Check-out procedures.
ReservationsFor Carey Run, e-mail Charlotte Folk or call her at 301-689-6587.
For Irish Grove, call Shirley Taylor at (H) 410-546-4717 or (W) 410-543-7530 EXT 4818.