MOS CONVENTION FIELD TRIPS AND SEMINARS
SIGN UP NO MORE THAN TWO PEOPLE FOR EACH HALF-DAY
OR ALL-DAY SEGMENT
— MOST FIELD TRIPS ARE LIMITED ATTENDANCE —
— REFER TO CONVENTION WEBSITE FOR ACTUAL FIELD TRIP TIMES —
— Please refer to helpful tips and guidance to drop trips already reserved at the bottom of this page. —
SIGN UP – 1st PERSON
SIGN UP – 2nd PERSON (OPTIONAL)
May 19, 2023
|Friday PM||Finzel Swamp and Piney Reservoir – Trip 1|
|Friday PM||Forestry Walk: Managing Maryland Forests|
|Friday PM||New Germany State Park – Trip 1|
|Friday PM||Three-state Sweep|
|Friday PM||Cranesville Swamp Preserve|
|Friday PM||Cunningham Swamp Wildlife Management Area|
|Friday PM||Trout Run WWTP and Broadford Lake – Trip 1|
|Friday PM||North Cherry Creek Bog Preserve – Trip 1|
|Friday PM||Beginner Atlasing at Wisp Resort|
|Friday PM||Beginner Birder Walk|
|Friday Evening||Nocturnal Noisemakers – Trip 1|
May 20, 2023
|Saturday All Day||Garrett County Lister’s Trip|
|Saturday All Day||West Virginia All Day Trip|
|Saturday All Day||Coopers Rock and the Avian Conservation Center of Appalachia|
|Saturday All Day||Old Hemlock|
|Saturday AM||New Germany State Park – Trip 2|
|Saturday AM||Finzel Swamp and Piney Reservoir – Trip 2|
|Saturday AM||Cranesville Swamp Preserve – Trip 2|
|Saturday AM||Garrett County 4-H Center|
|Saturday AM||Piney Mountain Campground – Trip 1|
|Saturday AM||Swallow Falls State Park – Trip 1|
|Saturday PM||Lost Lands|
|Saturday PM||Finzel Swamp and Piney Reservoir – Trip 3|
|Saturday PM||North Cherry Creek Bog Preserve – Trip 2|
|Saturday PM||Seminar: Snowbirds: Wintering Warblers in the Caribbean|
|Saturday PM||Seminar:Rising Tides – Can Habitat Restoration Save Maryland’s Coastal Birds from Sea Level Rise?|
|Saturday Evening||Nocturnal Noisemakers – Trip 2|
May 21, 2023
|Sunday AM||Carey Run MOS Sanctuary|
|Sunday AM||Finzel Swamp and Piney Reservoir – Trip 4|
|Sunday AM||New Germany State Park – Trip 3|
|Sunday AM||Savage River State Forest (Asa Durst Place trailhead parking area)|
|Sunday AM||Lewis Tract of the Cranesville Swamp Preserve|
|Sunday AM||Piney Mountain Campground – Trip 2|
|Sunday AM||Swallow Falls State Park – Trip 2|
|Sunday AM||Trout Run WWTP and Broadford Lake – Trip 2|
|Sunday AM||The Glades|
Here are helpful tips and guidelines:
- You must register for the convention first before selecting field trips. We will delete all trip reservations for those who have not registered for the convention.
- To learn more about each field trip, please consult the Field Trip page on the convention website.
- Specific departure times can be found on the Field Trip Schedule page on the convention website and at the convention. Typical departure times are 6:00-6:30 AM for morning and all-day trips and 1:00-1:30 PM for afternoon trips.
- You are limited to one trip in each time slot. We will monitor signups for field trips periodically and if the same person signs up for more than one trip in a given time slot we will delete all but one selection. We may attempt to notify you about the discrepancy, but can’t guarantee contact.
- You may sign up one other person at the same time and trip using the right-hand column.
- You may use the same email address to sign up a second person (e.g. spouse or partner) for a time slot.
- If you wish to sign up more than two people for the same trip you’ve selected, please refresh your browser, then select “Reserve” again.
- Most trips are limited in number of slots available to attendees. The number of remaining slots for a trip shows when you click “Reserve“.
- If signup for a trip is closed you may check this page at a later date to see if anyone has cancelled, or check at the convention to see if there are any openings.
- Obviously, if you sign up for all-day Saturday trip please to not sign up for either Saturday AM or PM trips. We will monitor for double bookings and delete one; which one isn’t guaranteed.
- If you change your mind about a particular trip please drop that trip. To drop a trip, open the email confirmation message and click “drop this trip”, which will delete your reservation immediately; be sure you selected the correct trip! If you reserved multiple people using the same email address for the same trip, please repeat this process to drop them all. If you have difficulties dropping a trip please contact the MOS webmaster.