The Maryland Bird Conservation Partnership is a Science-Driven, Partner-Based Initiative
The MBCP’s mission is to:
- Identify and prioritize bird conservation needs and opportunities within Maryland and across state borders; and assist with the implementation of Maryland’s State Wildlife Action Plan through coordination and partnerships.
- Establish diverse partnerships dedicated to the conservation of birds and their habitats to facilitate information exchange and shared activities enabling a synergistic approach to tackling the conservation challenges faced by Maryland’s avifauna;
- Coordinate state-wide compilation of existing avian monitoring data and determining more effective management action for use in conservation planning;
- Fund implementation of on-the-ground bird conservation projects by identifying opportunities to leverage resources, minimizing duplication, and pursuing additional support and resources toward shared management goals of partner organizations;
- Ensure adequate monitoring of birds of special conservation need by strengthening and supporting existing monitoring programs and establishing new monitoring programs where necessary.
- Broaden citizen participation in conservation and increase awareness of conservation of birds and their habitats through public, private businesses, and governmental outreach.
- Become the principal gateway for people to understand Maryland’s bird life and its conservation needs.
Please visit the Maryland Bird Conservation Partnership to learn more about conservation.
Donate to support the Maryland Bird Conservation Partnership
The Maryland Bird Conservation Partnership relies on donations from partners and individuals to fund bird conservation efforts in our state. As we rely primarily on volunteer time, your donation will directly support projects as well as coordination efforts with our partners. These projects can be at state, county, or local levels and involve education, data gathering/processing, habitat protection, monitoring and research. If you are interested to donating to a specific project, you may also indicate it through your donation.
All donations are made through our partner 501(c)3 organization, the Maryland Ornithological Society (MOS). Donations are tax deductible.
You may donate securely online below, or write and mail a check made out to Maryland Ornithological Society with MBCP donation written on the memo line. Checks can be mailed to:
Maryland Ornithological Society, Inc.
PO Box 105
Monrovia, MD 21770-0105