YMOS offers trips for youth throughout the year. The trips are often all-day experiences, but individuals can attend for a shorter period. The trips usually are held in an area where either there are specific target species found or a greater diversity of birds for that time of year.
- These trips are open to any interested student. You need simply indicate your intention to attend. All trips will be supervised by George Radcliffe, assisted by Dr. Wayne Bell and Stacy Epperson.
- For each trip, more detailed information will be sent out in advance of the trip. Email George Radcliffe (firstname.lastname@example.org) of your intent to go at least 2 weeks in advance of the trip. Then we will use email to coordinate actual departure times and locations, trip needs, carpooling, and additional information.
- No experience is required, and binoculars are available for loan on each trip.
- There is no charge for trips, but we recommend that students provide gas money for drivers.
- Parents and families are always welcome to accompany us. We need parents to assist with driving, and we can also usually provide binoculars for family members to use.
- Carpooling is recommended to minimize the negative impact of multiple vehicles.
- Where trips are located on the Eastern Shore and have early start times, students and parent drivers are welcome to overnight at the home of George and Jackie Radcliffe (410-463-1669). Bring a sleeping bag, food, and snacks.
- Trips can be cancelled because of extreme weather. Only students who have notified us of their intent to go will be contacted in the event of cancellation.